When you are just starting out building your empire, you might wonder which marketing items to invest in and have in your small business toolbox.
You may have limited funding or time and only want the necessities right now. This is a list of what I think are the most important items:
- Professional Logo. Having a logo designed is a must. It should fit your brand. If there was any item on this list to not skimp on it would be your logo. It is an investment that should last a long time and helps your clients connect with you. When you hire a designer, they should supply you with a vector, screen, and print version.
- Business Card. There’s a lot of talk about business cards being old-fashioned. I would reconsider this view because it’s an inexpensive way to network. It’s also another way for your business personality to shine. The business card should include your name, business, website, and phone number.
- Stationary. Stationary should be designed for Word (or your word processing program of choice). Your invoices should also be considered. Use every chance to present your brand to your customer.
- Deck template. Make sure any Powerpoint deck that you send out for presentations or pitches are branded for your business. Talk to your designer about custom graphics for your presentation too.
- Website. A website is so important for keeping in contact with your clients. It’s even more, important for people who have an online store or service. You should keep your brand in mind when having your website designed. It should fit in with all your other graphics and messaging.
- Social Media. Social media is an awesome way of getting in contact with potential customers. I have a post all about the basics of choosing the best platform for your business.
There are so many different types of marketing collateral. This isn’t a complete list but it’s a good foundation to start. Contact me if you need help with any of these items.